There’s a Mouse in the House
22 Dec 2019   -   3:45pm
24 Dec 2019   -   7:00pm
Terms & Conditions
Use of our Website
By using our website you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you buy any goods or services from the website you agree to be bound by the Conditions of Sale and any specific conditions set out there.
We are committed to the highest standard and quality of information and every attempt has been made to present up-to-date, accurate information.
We give no warranty as to the accuracy of the information on this website and accept no liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of reliance upon material contained on this site, including performance details as these are also subject to change without prior notice. Nevertheless, if you feel that content on this site is incorrect please do contact us.
We take all reasonable measures to ensure that the information provided from third parties is accurate and not defamatory or offensive. We cannot control the content or take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers or linked pages. We accept no liability for any loss or damage caused or alleged to have been caused by the use of or reliance on information contained in these web pages or goods or services purchased from them. However, if you feel we have linked to an inappropriate site please let us know.
The material on the Website is protected by copyright and the copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website is owned by and shall at all times remain our property or the property of our licensors, as appropriate.
You assume full responsibility for the protection of your computer system including computer hardware, software and stored data including that of third parties who may access your computer system. By logging on you will assume the responsibility of ensuring that data downloaded or otherwise received from this website are free from viruses or other items of a destructive nature. Any damage to your computer, software or data by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via our site will be your own responsibility.
Tickets: Conditions of Sale
A contract for the sale of Tickets by us to you on and subject to these Conditions is formed upon the acceptance by us of your order, whether that order is made online, in person or via the telephone.
– We must be provided with contact details for every purchase of tickets, in order that we can contact you if performance details change.
– We reserve the right to place restrictions on the number of tickets ordered.
– Ticket Prices are advertised via a number of channels and are provided by us on the basis of information available to us. We are not obliged to conclude any Contract at the prices advertised and reserve the right to make price changes without notice – including introduction of discounts or special offers.
– Special offers and ticket deals are subject to availability, for a limited time only and do not apply to tickets already purchased for an event.
– You must state any discount to which you think you might be entitled at the time of booking, including any concessions. Concessions vary according to performance and may not always be available. Proof of identity/entitlement may be asked for at the time of booking, ticket collection or at the performance itself.
– Transaction Fees are applied for any ticket purchases made over the telephone or online of 75p per transaction and this covers all admin costs.
– There is a postage charge of 50p for any tickets which customers request to be posted out.
– No transaction fee applies if you book and collect in person at our Box Office.
– Payments can be made in cash at the Box Office, or via credit/debit card in person at the Box Office, via the telephone or online. We accept all major credit and debit cards.
– Tickets will not be released until the full payment has been received.
– Tickets will be stored for collection at the Box Office, unless otherwise instructed.
– Where tickets are to be posted, we will send tickets to the address specified. We accept no liability for or responsibility for tickets which are mislaid or lost in the postage system.
– Refunds will only be provided in the event of a performance being cancelled.
– Ticket exchanges, for the same event, are available up to 24 hours before the performance.
– We will on occasion accept ticket returns for resale and these will only be put on sale when the show sells out.
– Please note that latecomers cannot be admitted until a suitable point in the performance, which may in some cases be the interval.
– The management reserve the right to alter or amend the programme or artists as a result of unforeseen circumstances.
– The management reserve the right to refuse admission.
– We require all customers to have a ticket to gain entry to a performance, even for babes in arms. This is for health and safety reasons.
– The adult/s in charge of the group has responsibility for all members of the group at all times.
– We advise all customers to check age suitability before booking for any performance and we accept no liability if an adult fails to adhere to the age recommendations.
We have the right to amend these Conditions on occasion to reflect changes in market conditions affecting the business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods and changes in legislation and regulatory requirements.
These Conditions shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of Scotland.